The field of organ and tissue donation is vital to building a healthy and caring community that embraces the true meaning of leaving behind a legacy of life for those who are in need. Legacy of Life Hawai‘i (LLH) is the only organization in the state of Hawaii authorized to recover tissue and organs for transplantation. LLH offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
LLH is looking to fill the following positions:
Manager of Quality and Compliance
Legacy of Life Hawaii is seeking a Manager of Quality and Compliance to oversee its quality assurance, performance improvement, and compliance functions. This position requires a data-driven and proactive approach to identifying quality improvement opportunities as well as the skill, experience, and education needed to:
- develop processes to monitor and measure all activities related to performance improvement
- identify staff training needs to support quality improvement and regulatory compliance
- coordinate activities related to clinical record review
- oversee corporate compliance for the organization
- manage all external clinical audits including FDA, CMS, UNOS, and tissue partners, and
- manage document control, occurrence reporting, and CAPAs.
Qualified individuals should submit their resumes and interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. LLH offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate. No phone inquiries, please.
Organ Recovery Coordinator
Legacy of Life Hawaii is seeking a highly skilled and compassionate individual to serve as an Organ Recovery Coordinator (ORC). ORCs evaluate organ and tissue donor referrals, oversee the clinical management of the donation process, and coordinate the surgical recovery of organs. ORCs also conduct professional education programs as well as develop relationships with healthcare leaders in an effort to improve donation rates. This fulltime position requires rotating 24-hour availability and travel to the neighbor islands.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of two years of organ coordinator experience and is a Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) or is CPTC-eligible. This position requires RN, PA, EMT-P, RT or BS in a health-related field with critical-care experience. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
Family Services Coordinator
Legacy of Life Hawaii is seeking a Family Services Coordinator to serve as the main point of contact between Legacy of Life Hawaii and families of organ donors. The FSC is an advocate for organ and tissue donation, and is responsible for:
- providing support and assistance to family members of potential organ/tissue donors in the hospital setting
- providing information to ensure that potential donor families make informed decisions regarding organ and tissue donation
- evaluating and facilitating each family’s understanding of brain death; obtaining consent for donation; and,
- facilitating communication with donor families following the donation process
The ideal candidate has experience working with donor families in the hospital setting, offering the option of donation, and obtaining medical and social histories; and has experience dealing with families in crisis and in handling grief and loss. RN or master’s degree in social work preferred.
Please send your resume and interest letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title, Family Services Coordinator in the email subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
Per Diem Tissue Procurement Specialist
Prior experience in the operating room preferred. Interested individuals should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title, Per Diem Tissue Procurement Specialist, in the email subject line.