The goal of our community outreach is to educate people in order to prepare them to make the choice to become an organ or tissue donor.
Legacy of Life Hawai'i offers a number of educational programs tailored to specific audiences in support of organ and tissue donation. The goal of every program is to educate people in order to prepare them to make an informed decision to donate by registering at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or online. If you would like more information about our community outreach programs, please email us at email@example.com.
Our outreach efforts include:
- Public education presentations to:
- High school and middle schools students
- Drivers education classes
- Aloha United Way (AUW) and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- Local community organizations (e.g., Rotary clubs, church congregations)
- Community events, health fairs and expo's
- Onsite presence at DMV locations across the state
- Workplace Partnership for Life campaigns and Donate Life rallies in hospitals and the business community
- Campus Champions Program - reaching out to University and College Campuses throughout the state
- Green Ribbon Awareness Campaign – an ongoing campaign designed to create awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donation in our community by distributing green ribbons at retail outlets across the state. Our green ribbons represent organ, tissue and eye donation.