Hawaiʻi Donor Enrollment Day
A day to enroll as many kamaʻāina as possible as organ, eye and tissue donors
Thursday, April 8, 2021
One Day, One Goal: To Encourage Organ Donor Enrollment
Hawaiʻi Donor Enrollment Day is an initiative to bring hope to the more than 350 kama‛aina who are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. Your kokua is needed to educate our community on the need for organ donation and encourage your friends, family and peers to register as organ/tissue donors.
This virtual event has one goal: to register as many Hawai‛i residents as possible as organ, eye and tissue donors in a single day. We can only do that with your help! Hawaiʻi Donor Enrollment Day brings together individuals and organizations to help educate communities on the importance of donation, and by encouraging willing individuals to join the Hawai‛i Organ Donor Registry.
Let's get started!
Step 1: Register as an individual or team
- Click to register to participate as an organization, team or individual
- After completing your registration, you will be contacted by a member of our Legacy of Life Hawai‛i’s outreach staff to welcome you to Legacy of Life Hawai‛i’s Enrollment Day campaign.
Step 2: Download our Donor Enrollment Day Toolkit
- The virtual toolkit includes everything you need to launch a successful Hawaii Organ Donor Enrollment Day campaign in your community, workplace, professional organization or with you own network of friends and family:
- Enrollment Day Welcome Letter: A customizable letter you can use to invite friends and contacts to be a part of your team
- Email Text
- Enrollment Day How to Guide: Step-by-Step instructions to make your participation easy and successful
- Newsletter or Blog Copy
- Social Media Content and Graphics You Can Use for Posting
- Enrollment Day Flyer (single side)
- Enrollment Day Flyer with Recipient Story (double-sided)
- Poster: For posting in your workplace, on campus or community bulletin boards
- Enrollment Day Texting Suggestions
- Video Links
Step 3: Get the ball rolling
- Announce Hawaii Donor Enrollment Day plans during staff meetings, video conferences, on your social media, website, blog or in your email and newsletter updates.
Step 4: Ramp up your communications
- In the days leading up to April 8, send emails and post on your social media in advance. Try to get the attention of as many people as possible.
Step 5: Get out there (virtually)
- To ensure everyone’s health and safety, please keep your efforts online. There are plenty of great ways to save lives from your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
- Legacy of Life Hawai‛i will be able to track how many people are registering to be organ and tissue donors in real-time using the data dashboard at Donate Life America RegisterMe.org. and we will be sending updates to you via Facebook and email during the day.
- Be sure to use the hashtag #donordayHI